Cut Transfer Vinyl With No Background Shape
Transfer stickers are vinyl letters or design elements that are cut directly to the graphics leaving no background shape. Therefore, it’s imperative that these requirements are met when setting up graphics for transfer decals. This is due to the extremely intricate cut paths of the designs, and the production process that takes place to finish your transfer sticker order.
- Minimum thickness of .06” (without a laminate) .125″ (with a laminate)
- Minimum gap of .06” (without a laminate) .125″ (with a laminate)
- Must be in .ai, .pdf, .eps, or .svg vector format (vector conversion assistance available)
It’s recommended to create a circular shape that is .06″ x .06″ (without a laminate) or .125″ x .125″ (with a laminate) for a thickness guide as shown in the images below. Then use these guides to place over your vector graphics to make sure they meet these requirements.
- All transfer sticker items must be in vector format and saved as .ai, .pdf, .eps, or .svg format (vector conversion assistance may be available)
- Raster graphics (pixel-based – cannot be used for transfer stickers) can be saved as the file types listed above, even though their contents are pixel-based. Please verify that the saved file contains all vector graphics. If you are unable to verify, you may email them to us to review.
Without a laminate
The minimum thickness and gap requirements is .06″. Some elements with hard angles, distressed graphics, or tapered slopes may be an issue. We will discuss during the proofing process if there are serious concerns with your graphics.
1- 2 Years without fading on standard surfaces. Cons are not ultra-durable for heavy friction such as cell phones and areas of heavy abuse.
With a laminate
The minimum thickness and gap requirements is .125″. Some elements with hard angles, distressed graphics, or tapered slopes may be an issue. We will discuss during the proofing process if there are serious concerns with your graphics.
Up to 3 years without fading on standard surfaces, and based on constant UV exposure.
Don’t Give Up!
In rare instances, even if these minimum requirements are met we cannot produce your order. We will work with you to find ways to adjust minor elements of the design to help with the production process. This will be discussed in the proofing process if there are any concerns.
Alternate Methods Printing Graphics On Clear Vinyl
If you are unable to meet these requirements, or we cannot produce your order as a transfer sticker due to graphic effects such as drop shadows, or small size. The alternate option may be to print your graphic onto a custom shape clear vinyl decal. This would have a clear background shape around your graphics, but for some projects this may be the only option to print at certain sizes or shapes.